Monday, March 6, 2017

Menu Monday

                               

Well my life got crazy again, and I went dark for a couple weeks. I will try to get back at it now. We plan on starting work on the chicken coop today. So dinner will be simple tonight. Here is the menu I plan for the following week:

BBQ Chicken in the oven
I will serve pasta salad, and baked beans with this meal.

Pork Roast with Plum sauce
In the summer when plums are on my tree I make and can our plum sauce. It is delicious with all kinds of meat. I will cook the roast with red potatoes and carrots.

Tater-tot Casserole
While this is not a favorite of mine, the kids requested it to be on this months menu so here it is. I will be served with peas and cheesy garlic biscuits.

Turkey
Yes I am cooking a turkey in March. ":) I got a buy on get one free deal in November so since I needed the freezer space last week when I packaged 120 pounds of chicken breast from Zaycon I took it out to cook. We will have it with mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. I will not do stuffing as that is a bit of overkill for a normal meal. (Did I really just say that??)

Steak
This will be served with baked potato, and broccoli

Tacos with all the trimmings
Mexican rice in the Instant pot, and refried beans.

Oven fried Chicken
Served with baked squash, Salad and bread.

That rounds out my meal plan for the week. While it may seem like a lot of food, and we do have leftovers from most meals, leftovers is what we mainly eat for lunches. So I cook breakfast most days, and dinner most nights, than we heat up leftovers for lunch. This saves money and time for me. Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment