Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Well it has been almost a year since I posted anything on my blog. It is not that I no longer live a busy country life, it is just that I have well, been busy. We had many changes over the last year, and many things went on. I was not really sure anyone would ever read my blog, and it was actually kind of a journal of sorts for me personally. I would go back an review what I had wrote and keep track of the things I did. Maybe how I did them, and what worked out, and sometimes what didn't. So I was not very regular about posting. Then this weekend I realized something. I have been giving cooking lessons to my niece. She just got married this last fall, and while her mother is a fabulous cook in her own right she just cooks, different from me. You see she has 13 children, 8 of which are still at home. When you have that many all of your recipes are geared more towards large amounts, and a lot of casseroles. LOL My niece only has 2 in her family right now so small meals made with frugal means in mind are what she needs. I have some experience with both so she has been coming to me and I have been sharing with her what I can. In this process though, I have come to realize I just might have something to contribute to other young women her age who need the same information, but don't have anyone close to teach them. So here I am, back to impart what I can on those who would like to learn. 
So to start I will update everyone on the changes in my life. First of all, with a mixture of joy and sadness, Sis moved out of the house. She wanted to spread her little wings, have a home of her own. She moved 92 miles away to another town that is a bit bigger than the one I live in, and set up her own little haven. It has been hard to have "my person" not here as she was such a blessing to have around. She does however come out and stay overnight about 2 times a month. I cook her favorite meals and we work on sewing, knitting or crochet projects. I will be posting some pictures of the things I have done for her lately. Her birthday is in January, and between that and Christmas my needles and hooks have been busy. 
Secondly, I GOT MARRIED!! I married the love of my life in May of last year. It was a private and quite ceremony as we had an actual wedding in September. But we had the opportunity to move into some housing that would be very beneficial to us while my Dear went to school full time, and wanted to be married before we lived together. So I also moved to a new apartment at the end of April/beginning of May. It was a bit difficult to give up the house that I had done so much work on  remodeling, but it was the best thing in the long run. And while we live in an apartment, we have made an agreement with the owners of a small lot of land right out our front door next to the complex to use the land. There we were able to keep our chickens, and so moved our hen house there. We are hoping to expand that in the spring. We also had a beautiful garden there this last summer which I will be doing a post on later. 
And lastly, we have taken a job doing daycare for a 14 month old baby boy. His grandfather is raising him right now. This is a situation that was not planned and the grandpa has been a bachelor for many years, and in addition to a full time job, is our voluntary Fire Chief. What this means for us is that we have baby, many hours a week. But since we have been considering adoption, it is a very welcome change. 
Well that is what has been going on in my life. Tomorrow I will post some of what I have been doing on my little homestead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment